Wednesday, August 8, 2012

“An Evening in Margaritaville” Presented by the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation


What: “An Evening in Margaritaville,” a pop-up dining event
When: August 23rd - 5:30-8:30pm
Where: Still a mystery at this time

Mystery, intrigue, food, entertainment and oh yeah, did I mention MYSTERY!? If you’ve been following the progress of the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation’s pop-up dining event, “An Evening in Margaritaville,” you know what I’m talking about. If not, that’s ok, allow me to fill you in a little… as much as I can at least.

I first heard about this event a few weeks ago, and I have to admit, I was intrigued. The whole concept casts an air of mystery and excitement upon the occasion. This enigmatic event has followers and interested parties eagerly checking their email and Facebook accounts to see if the latest details have been released. I know I’m sucked in! I guess that’s the beauty of these pop-up dining experiences; you know that it could take place anywhere – a rooftop, and airport hangar, an old warehouse, a restaurant – who knows! Food and entertainment could include any wealth of options. Details of the event have been kept secret and are being revealed as the event grows near. So, let me tell you what I know so far.

Photo courtesy of SoWal.com
I know that a portion of the entertainment will be in an art demonstration by the talented mixed-media artist, Andy Saczynski. Andy’s usual “junk into funk” style typically uses reclaimed materials and found objects to create original (and not to mention sensational) pieces of art. The product of Saczynski’s live demonstration will be auctioned off at the event, along with a few other pieces that the artist will have on display.

Photo Courtesy of Legendary Inc.
Alright, so we know we can expect an amazing art demonstration by a gifted artist, what else? I’ll tell you what else! It has been announced that the meal will be prepared by none other than Legendary Inc.’s Executive Chef, Jimmy McManus. YUM! You KNOW that’s going to be one delicious meal! With his impeccable skills, and vast knowledge and experience, McManus has received much praise and many honors for his culinary genius. The menu will feature beef empanadas and coconut lobster tartlets during the cocktail hour. This will be followed by a sumptuous buffet with salads, grilled swordfish, roast pork tenderloin, rice, vegetables and a delectable selection of desserts.

Last, the most recent detail revealed that patrons can expect to be entertained by the musical stylings of the Trop Rock sensation Coconut Radio. This dynamic duo is comprised of award-winning violinist extraordinaire, Susan Kittredge and singer/songwriter Steve Reeths. The music of Coconut Radio is meant to share those feelings/emotions one feels when sharing a cold one with friends at the tiki bar or watching a beautiful sunset. I think our friends at The Beachcomber put it best when they said “(Coconut Radio's release 'Gone Bamboo') is the perfect soundtrack for your spring                                                                           and summer."

So far, that is pretty much the sum of everything I know about this event at this time. I know there’s more to come so I will continue to follow the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation on Facebook, for the latest updates about this event’s details. If you’d like to do the same, follow this link to their page: Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation on Facebook

Also, if you haven’t got your ticket yet, call the Foundation today at 850-650-2226 to reserve your place at the table. I understand that seating is limited to 100 people and tickets are selling very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment